Saturday, July 13, 2013

New Start


Other than short game maker tutorial based games this is the first game I have attempted to work on by myself. I am using Klik & Play For Schools an old program for Windows computers because it was intended to help people inexperienced with making games to make games. Though the program has limitations with the amount of things you can make and platform restrictions, this program is important to me because I want to make a few games with ease. I do not want to make a game for commercial success as of now, so I think it is important to experiment with these tools while I have the chance.

What is this game about?

This game, now untitled, is about talking about Breaking Bad. I had just finished the 4th season when I picked up Klik & Play. As I was trying to get used to the program I found that this software would lend its self to being a good engine for making graphical adventure games and games revolving around branching dialogue. Essentially, this game is a visual novel game with an interface that more resembles a point and click or classic adventure style game.

What are my focuses?

My primary focus is to make something that is finished. Some other goals I have are to make a game that I would like to stumble upon. Making a game I like means the visuals should be well realized, the game should feel interactive (choices should matter or should alter your experience), it should hold my attention, it should have a short playtime.

How does the game work?

The game works in two sections. There is a TV watching part and a Talking part. You go and read all these descriptions of the show and then you leave your house and meet up with your friend and talk about Breaking Bad. You talk about a season of the show at a time and then the game repeats and you watch and talk about the second season, then the third, then the fourth, then the fifth.


What are my current priorities?
  • Write all of the dialogue trees and structure
  • Create all of the environments
  • Figure out a story
  • See if I can make the TV watching parts more streamlined or interactive
  • Make the game more interactive
  • Finish the god damned game

No comments:

Post a Comment