Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Too Many Ideas


Recently The Angry Video Game Nerd posted a video for his long anticipated AVGN: The Movie. Apparently it has been in development since 2006 and is only until recently, maybe, possibly going to be released sometime in 2013 or 2014. In his latest update he talks about how he feels like he is most excited for his movie to be finished just because he wants to work on other projects. He used the term "creative constipation" in a way where he as a bunch of ideas and he cannot get them all out because he is still working on a project that he started 6-7 years ago. I can relate because I have come up with countless ideas for other games with working on this one. Because of the new games I want to make I feel as if I have to get this game done as soon as I can.


Post-Job Complication

Because this game is based on a business that I previously worked at I am completely unsure how legal making this game is. Most of the player dialogue and choices are based on real scripts from that tele-donation center that I used to work at (which have been obscured by Photoshop filters above). I have been copying text from these scripts and trying to remember, what best I can, what the details of the job were and talking to former co-workers about what their experiences were when I could just go back to the job that I quit in order to take some pictures and copy some of the scrips if they would allow it. I do not think that this game is going to have any political sway about the job or show anything secret towards the public, but I am fearful of them asking me to stop making the game or to change things about it.

Either way, I want to set a deadline for this game to at least have all of the dialogue figured out by the end of next week so I can start fleshing out the design and user interface.

No comments:

Post a Comment