Saturday, September 14, 2013

Telemarketing Game


What is this game about?

I had a tele-donation job for a month earlier this summer before I made Breaking Bread. The job entailed trying to passionately read off of a script to potential benefactors to convince them to donate money to different sorts of Jewish funded causes. While making Breaking Bread I realized the job I had was very similar to the game that I was making at the time. Based on the scripts, tele-donation statistics, and different stories my friends or I have had I am making scenarios for this game.

Above is a peak of a dialogue chart. Once I have access to my personal computers I will make more progress on actually making the game. For the past month or so I have only been sketching out how the mechanics will work which I have found to be a helpful mode of production. Production on Breaking Bread was different because I just went into making it without any planning or preliminary writing or any preproduction. I have heard of a lot of indie developers (I should cite this with some examples) advocating for not doing any preproduction because the final product is more fluent or something. I think doing these preliminary writings should be helpful and I am sure I am going to make changes while actually working on the game. This preliminary process seems as though it will be helpful because when I am doing actual production because I will have most all of the mental labor done and things will be less confusing.


I don't know, I'll see.

If you want to see the full dialogue chart as it is in progress click this link.

:-)



No comments:

Post a Comment